Systems Developer – SharePoint Business Applications
Compass365, the Microsoft collaboration solutions division of General Networks Corporation, is hiring for a Systems Developer for our Microsoft Business Applications team. As a member of a highly motivated team of technical and business consultants, you will be responsible for applying the standards and methods used by General Networks to a variety of consulting engagements for our clients.
About Compass365/General Networks
The Compass365 division of General Networks Corporation works with clients who are seeking to improve the way their organizations and employees operate and work with SharePoint and Microsoft 365 collaboration technologies. General Networks, an employee-owned (ESOP) founded in 1987 with headquarters in Glendale, California, delivers technology consulting services to customers who need to manage and process critical business content. We support collaboration and content management applications on a variety of platforms including SharePoint and Microsoft 365. Our engagements require a combination of many disciplines and skill sets.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner in Collaboration and Content and Cloud Productivity.
Our clients range from small to medium sized non-profits through F-100 global organizations. More than 60% of our revenue comes from clients for whom we’ve worked continuously for 10 or more years.
Learn more about our team at Compass365.com
Learn more about General Networks Corporation at Gennet.com
Primary Responsibilities and Requirements
- Design, configure, develop, customize, and test SharePoint-hosted business applications, including PowerApps, Power Automate, Nintex and other 3rd party and custom components as needed.
- Design, develop, and test SQL stored procedures, triggers and scripts.
- Integrate applications according to design specifications.
- Produce test scripts and conduct thorough testing of systems being deployed, including unit testing, integrated system testing, regression testing and load testing.
- Manage end-user testing and acceptance testing, resolve software issues and questions, and obtain customer acceptance of the solution.
Systems Analysis and Design
- Gather business requirements through meetings and interviews with users. Produce business requirements documentation and obtain customer sign-off.
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into functional design specifications.
- Conduct a series of design review/prototype meetings with users in an iterative process, during which you develop the system prototype into a final design.
- Produce functional and technical design specification documents and obtain customer sign-off.
Technical Support & Maintenance
- Provide post-deployment technical support to system users and administrators.
- Respond to support requests within established service level agreements.
- Maintain and monitor our client applications and servers, apply upgrades and patches, and resolve issues.
Technical Support & Maintenance
- Coordinate project activities with client.
- Provide status reports and participate in weekly status meetings to communicate on progress, problems, and resolutions.
- Track and manage project issues and software issues. Work with the customer, team members and software vendors, to get issues resolved within the project schedule.
Education and Experience
- Two or more years of experience with some of the following:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency. B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering desired.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to create organized and informative reports, as well as comprehensive, accurate documentation.
- Skills to build and develop the client relationship.
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, and initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic multi-technology environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
We’re always looking for highly motivated Microsoft professionals who share our passion and core values. If you feel like our culture is a great fit, we’d love to hear from you. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about open positions.