Microsoft Data Architect
Compass365 is seeking a highly motivated Azure Data Architect to join our Microsoft 365 Business Applications team. Compass365, a Microsoft Gold Partner and division of General Networks Corporation, is located in the Los Angeles area and works with clients throughout the US. This is a unique opportunity to join a successful Microsoft Solutions team specializing in Power Platform Automations and Reporting to spearhead and shape our expansion into Data Analytics in the Microsoft Azure space.
This role is ideal for someone with strong experience in big data, databases, and data warehousing architecture and implementation and who also enjoys a client-facing role as opposed to behind-the-scenes. You will meet with customers seeking to better utilize their data to assess, design, and implement data and reporting solutions in the Microsoft 365 ecosystem. Our Solutions Architects and Consultants are challenged every day as we guide our customer’s digital transformation with Microsoft 365 tools. We hire excellent problem solvers with strong analytical skills. Currently, all of our staff is working remotely and collaborating internally and externally with clients through Microsoft Teams.
- Gather requirements for data warehouse and analytics needs
- Consult with customers to review and unify data sources
- Architect Microsoft cloud-based data solutions based on customer requirements
- Review and recommend architectures, technologies, and tools
- Build and present Proof of Concept designs
- Implement end-to-end data and reporting solutions
- Mentor team members
Necessary skills include:
- Must have strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Deep expertise in data, data warehousing, big data architecture, and implementation in the Microsoft cloud ecosystem
- Solution architecture in the cloud, Azure preferred
- Extensive experience building, maintaining, and optimizing relational databases including SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Ability to create, modify and maintain data analytics in Power BI and/or other reporting tools
- Strong working knowledge of Data Warehouse tools including Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Blob Storage, and Azure Data Factory
- Experience in source control tools GitHub and Azure DevOps Git
- Experience in Microsoft technologies and products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Dataverse, Azure SQL, Azure Active Directory, Office 365, and SharePoint
Some technologies that are helpful to have:
- Experience with Azure Data Bricks and Snowflake
- Experience in web development technologies like jQuery, ReactJS, node.js, Angular JS, CSS
- Experience with AJAX, XML, JSON, and Design Patterns
- Experience in relational databases like SQL Server
- Experience in UI/UX design and development
- Working Knowledge of the full SDLC
We are the Microsoft collaboration solutions and services division of General Networks Corporation and a Microsoft Gold Partner. Since 2007, we’ve been delivering Microsoft solutions to clients ranging from small non-profits to F-100 global organizations. We are employee-owned (ESOP), California Small Business Certified, and are recognized by the State of CA as an approved provider of technical consulting services (CMAS). See more and “meet the team” at Compass365/About Us
Why Join Us:
If you enjoy solving real-world business problems through the application of technology, are highly motivated, self-driven, and excited to learn, you will flourish here. Due to strong demand from our customers, we are expanding into the Data and Reporting consulting space. You will join an established team with a great customer base to collaborate with the Practice Manager to shape the Data Analytics offering at Compass365.
Salary Range: $130,000 – $150,000
We are seeking individuals with the eligibility to work in U.S. without sponsorship.
We’re always looking for highly motivated Microsoft professionals who share our passion and core values. If you feel like our culture is a great fit, we’d love to hear from you. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this position.