Systems Developer – SharePoint Business Applications
Primary Job Requirements and Objectives
General Networks Corporation delivers technology consulting services to customers who need to manage and process critical business content. We support content management and collaboration applications on a variety of platforms including Microsoft SharePoint Server and Office 365. Our engagements require a combination of many disciplines and skill sets. If our clients need capabilities not available from off-the-shelf software, we will build them or help them build them.
As a member of a highly-motivated team of technical and business consultants, you will be responsible for applying the standards and methods used by General Networks to a variety of consulting engagements, including the following activities:
- Coordinate project activities with client.
- Provide status reports and participate in weekly status meetings to communicate on progress, problems and resolutions.
- Track and manage project issues and software issues. Work with the customer, team members and software vendors, to get issues resolved within the project schedule.
Systems Analysis and Design
- Gather business requirements through meetings and interviews with users. Produce business requirements documentation and obtain customer sign-off.
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into functional design specifications.
- Conduct a series of design review/prototype meetings with users in an iterative process, during which you develop the system prototype into a final design.
- Produce functional and technical design specification documents and obtain customer sign-off.
- Design, configure, develop, customize, and test SharePoint-hosted business applications, including Nintex, PowerApps, Flow and other 3rd party and custom components as needed.
- Design, develop, and test SQL stored procedures, triggers and scripts.
- Integrate applications according to design specifications.
- Produce test scripts and conduct thorough testing of systems being deployed, including unit testing, integrated system testing, regression testing and load testing.
- Manage end-user testing and acceptance testing, resolve software issues and questions, and obtain customer acceptance of the solution.
- Deploy solution into production environment, install server and desktop software, and support IT staff with system rollout.
- Provide end-user documentation and train users.
- Produce organized and informative system documentation.
- Perform knowledge transfer to administrators and helpdesk personnel.
Technical Support & Maintenance
- Provide post-deployment technical support to system users and administrators.
- Respond to support requests within established service level agreements.
- Maintain and monitor our client applications and servers, apply upgrades and patches, and resolve issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Successful candidates will possess some or all of the following experience and qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Gathering and analysis of business requirements, system design and architecture;
- Software development using waterfall and agile methodologies;
- A talent for technical problem solving as well as creative design of business solutions;
- Strong analytical skills, creativity and initiative;
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic multi-technology environment;
- Willingness to commute to various client locations in Southern California, and sometimes travel outside of Southern California;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Skills to build and develop the client relationship;
- Good written communications skills, including the ability to create organized and informative reports, as well as comprehensive, accurate documentation; and
- Two or more years of experience with some of the following:
- SharePoint / Office 365 solution design, configuration and development
- Nintex, PowerApps, Flow, InfoPath, SharePoint Designer
- Mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Database integration, and SQL scripts, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Desktop applications, including MS Office products, Outlook Email, and Internet Explorer.
High School Diploma or Equivalency. B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering desired.